Emmie has recently been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the new Cornwall Museum Partnership and has just completed her participation in the Clore Fellowship programme. She continues to undertake some consultancy work through Emmie Kell Consulting.
Emmie has worked in museums, art galleries and science centres for the last 20 years. She was Head of Education at Somerset House, Public Programmes Manager at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester and Learning and Communications Director at Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum (2003-2007). She has a proven track record in fundraising and business planning in the cultural sector, securing £10m million for museums and galleries since 2012. She specialises in strategic planning to promote sustainability and resilience. She has expertise in learning and audience development and has set up and run a range of successful and innovative learning programmes. She has previously been Chair of the British Interactive Group and on the Board of the South Western Federation of Museums and Art Galleries. She is a Member of the Institute of Fundraising and is an approved Mentor for the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Since 2008 Emmie has worked in partnership with Perfect Moment on a number of projects including:
- Ilfracombe Sea Front Regeneration – an area masterplan
- The Museum of British Surfing – initial business plan
- Royal Cornwall Museum - business strategy
- Brighton Dome and Festivals - Heritage Lottery Bid
- Porthmeor Studios – bid to coastal communities
- Cornwall Museum Strategy
- Cornwall Museum Partnership- capacity building and fundraising
- Cornwall Regimental Museum- business strategy