David is the director of Creative Cultures, an archives and heritage consultancy. David has forty years’ experience of UK archive service delivery, and pioneered digitisation and the use of multimedia to promote the use of archives. He has been active in developing professional standards in measuring archive performance and edited the revision of the Standard for Access to Archives: 2008. David helped develop the community archive movement in Britain and contributed to Community archives: the shaping of memory, published in 2009.
David served as a councillor for the British Records Association 2008 to 2013 and is currently Chair of The Archives and Record Association. David was a board member for the London Museums Libraries and Archives Council and its precursors between 1999 and 2005. He founded Archives for London Ltd, and served as chair from 2005-2011.
Since 2005, David’s consultancy work has included:
- Strategic assessments of services including feasibility studies for shared services
- Improving use of online services and the internet,
- Support for successful HLF bids
- Project evaluation
- Acting as archive adviser for feasibility studies and on new building projects
- Producing cultural and marketing strategies
- Developing volunteering
Creative Cultures have worked with Perfect Moment on:
- LB Westminster Volunteering Strategy
- ACE & Association of Town Centre Management - research into Arts & Business Improvement Districts
- Camden Third Sector Review Consultation
- Waltham Forest Third Sector Review
- Kresen Kernow